British Fencing require all clubs re-opening to appoint a COVID-19 Officer.
The COVID-19 Officer at Hitchin Fencing Club is Tony Middleton (Head Coach).
For all queries please email us from the Contact Page and put in the subject COVID-19
We are currently in discussion with British Fencing and Hitchin Town Hall to see when it will be possible to re-open our club.
Rest assured that the utmost care will be taken to ensure our club is as safe as possible.
HFC COVID-19 Code of Conduct
When our club re-opens, all members will be required to sign a declaration for each session confirming their adherence to the COVID-19 Code of Conduct as below, and that to the best of the knowledge they have no virus symptoms. Masks will be required for indoor activity. Data will also be collected for NHS track & trace purposes, and pre-booking of the session will be essential.
As government and British Fencing guidance is constantly changing, it is important that members keep themselves up to date each week.
- All persons taking part in fencing training agree to adhere to the new social distancing rules described by coaches at the start of the session.
- Participants will provide their own face mask and use it as advised by coaches during the session.
- Sessions will be on a pre-booking basis only.
- Social distancing rules will be maintained throughout the session.
- There will be no spectators during sessions. Parents are required to drop off their child and collect them at the end of the session.
Personal Hygiene Standards
- Wash hands / use hand sanitiser on entry and exit to the club.
- Bring personal hand sanitiser (note: the club / venue will also provide hand sanitiser).
- No hand shaking permitted.
- Bring your own water bottle and do not share with others.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or into a tissue.
- Avoid touching your face with your hands.
- Shower and wash clothes (including gloves) and clean personal equipment after each session.
- All club members will be required to come dressed for fencing / warm-up prior to the session. Group changing facilities will be out of bounds.
- Toilets will be in use, but extra care should be taken with washing hands.
- All members are responsible for the cleaning of their own kit or borrowed club kit.
- No kit may be shared with other members of the club.
- Members must wash their kit and sanitise their equipment before each session.